Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Oatbran.Flax Seed, Chia Seed,Applesauce Muffins!!!

I know, I know, I'm taking this Oat Bran thing to extremes but my health and my apetite demand that I be creative in developing tasty treats to enjoy as I move towards a healthier lifestyle. These muffins are absolutely wonderful...I concocted the recipe last Sunday morning when I was about to prepare my Oat Bran cereal and thought..Hmmm I wonder how my cereal would taste in Muffin form?? The Pancake recipe here is amazing..but again I love diversity so...I hope you enjoy these delicious and dense muffins..they are a great breakfast treat or good any time of day as a snack..They are so (Fu....) good for you it hurts!!! Enjoy!

Dry Ingredients

Mixed in a small bowl

2 Cups Oat Bran Flour - (I grind my own from Oat Bran with Braun grinder)
1 1/2 Tablespoons of Ground Flax Seeds
1 Teaspoon of Chia seeds (to taste)
1/2 Tablespoon Coconut Mist sweetner (powder from whole foods)
A little Baking Soda
A little Baking Powder
A little salt
1 Rounded Tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup of Raisins (to taste)

Wet Ingredients

In a separate small bowl

1 egg
1 cup of Applesauce
A little Vanilla
1 cup Almond Milk/Coconut Milk
Mix this up and add to the dry ingredients!
Mix well!

Your batter should be like Pancake batter, or a little thicker.
Add milks to acheive this consistency

Pour this batter in muffin pan, fill to about 3/4 for each.

Bake on 350 - 375 for about 45 minutes...check occasionally they should be nicely browned on the top and not runny in the middle.(Poke 'em)

Take these bad boys out of the oven and enjoy~~

No comments:

Post a Comment