I recently had the opportunity to attend a ritual involving the use of storytelling to describe the stories we have and Shamanistic ritual practices. There was also a small group of musicians who provided a Soundtrack of sorts as the discussions of stories we have and those we want to have, transpired. The music was to serve as a backdrop in the way that movie soundtracks assist Marquee movies...present but not necessarily noticeable if effective...simply adding to the emotion of what is intended in describing something. The music was to assist the members of the collective in living their own stories in the moment...I hope we were effective in doing this..The sense I had of what we were provinding musically was to move the attendees...they were moving...in the groove of the music that was happening on the spot..via improv. The director asked questions of the group and would interact with the attendees to bring out more of a story as needed for the benefit of the group...He also set up the process very effectively, taking us from the daily world we walked in with, to being present in between earth and the cosmos. He very effectively and gently brought us back to normal time at the conclusion of the ceremony. People shared their ideas and comments freely and danced when it was appropriate..The musicians used Jazz standards to represent the 4 elements at key moments in the process...Earth, Water, Fire and Air. I was affected in many ways by meeting the facilitator over the course of a few weeks, being in his presence always left me affected when I would go away from him...Don't know what that was all about...I very much enjoyed being in the space between earth and the cosmos..Magical things happen there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment