Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Brrrrr! It's Cold
It was 31 Degrees last night and it's supposed to get down to 25 tonight..I am aware of what a wimpy homeless person I'd be...I'd be a baby I have to admit....I thank my blessings that I am not...Although, when I am thankful, I also realize the reasons why I am not homeless. A fried was telling me about a trip she took up to Ashland, Oregon and the starteling discovery of how many young people were obviously living on the street up there. I was surprised to hear about this as my recollection of Ashland is that of a tourist destination and of course the Center Of the Universe, West of England for Shakespearean plays. Why would these young people be there? Is the area depressed? Are the young people there un-able to find work? Has there been a large migration of kids to the area for some reason...un-employed actors who couldn't pay for a ride home?..I think Ashland is representative of the plight that has affected all areas and regions of our country. It is hard out there...I see people bedding down down for the night at random locations in San Francisco as I make my way to the bus to head north. Many of them are asleep, passed out..un-aware of where they area or what it going on around them...easy targets for abuse...I often say a prayer as I leave them and hope that they are not abused. Bodies curled up in sleeping bags,no faces visible. I think that there may be people somewhere who don't know that their loved one is in this condition..I don't what to do about this situation. It's huge, ugly and overwhelming in size and scope..Hopefully, many of them will have a meal tomorrow, it is Thanksgiving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment